Medical Escort and Senior Shuttle
The following access modification are available when using a Secaucus Medical Escort or Senior Shuttle:
- You can specify the pick-up and drop-off locations when you call to reserve your service.
- If you have any questions or to arrange assistance or an access modification, please contact (201) 330-2082 for the Medical Escort Service or Lisa Snedeker at (201) 865-4422 for the Senior Shuttle Service.
- The Town’s drivers can only deviate 1/10 mile from set pick-up/drop off location.
- The Town’s drivers will reposition vehicles to minimize obstructions (for example, pull up to avoid parked car/snowbank).
- You are allowed to eat/drink/take medication if needed (however, the driver cannot assist with administering medications).
- Your Personal Care Attendant (PCA) can ride with you if needed.
- A request for help on an incline or difficult sidewalk may be granted if it does not place the driver, other riders or the vehicle in a direct threat or leave such unattended for a lengthy period of time.
- A request for assistance to/from a door/building during extreme weather may be granted if it does not place the driver, other riders or the vehicle in a direct threat or leave such unattended for a lengthy period of time.
1 The U.S. Department of Transportation Final Modification Rule (March 13, 2015) requires agencies to make individual exceptions to general policies, where needed, to provide meaningful, nondiscriminatory access to services, programs, or facilities, unless making such an exception would require a fundamental alteration of an agency’s programs.
Information regarding the Town’s Non-Discrimination Policy for Transportation Services may be
viewed here (english)
viewed here (espanol)
The Town's ADA Complaint Form and Policy for Transportation Services can be
The Town’s Reasonable Accommodation Policy can be found here.