Municipal Court Phone: 201-330-2056
Karen Boylan, PJMC Hudson Vicinage
Mary Martell, CMCA x3051
1203 Paterson Plank Road, 1st Floor
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Tel: (201) 330-2065
Fax: (201) 319-9024
Hours of Operation:
Violations Window: 9am-3:45pm
Excluding Public Holidays
Municipal Court matters will continue to be conducted virtually, for the most part, in light of current Covid-19 trends. Our court sessions are held via Zoom Video Conferencing.
At least seven days prior to your scheduled court date you must provide us your email address to receive your Zoom link. Click the Contact Us button above and select Request Zoom Invitation. We will update our system with the information provided, and you will receive a Zoom invitation two business days prior to your court date.
All municipal court proceedings are recorded. The length of time you will be in court depends on many things, so please be patient. The cases are not called in the sequence they are listed on the calendar. As required by the New Jersey Supreme Court all attorney matters are handled first.
Online Municipal Case Resolution
The public now has two options to resolve their matters without having to appear in court.
- Request a plea offer from prosecutor
- Plea Online
Click Here to see if your ticket is eligible.
You can access the Online Municipal Case Resolution system at www.njmcdirect.com.
Judiciary Electronic Document Submission (JEDS)
You can now use JEDS to electronically submit your documents and record requests to the courts. Click here to access JEDS on njcourts.gov.
Virtual Court Room Standards
- No eating or smoking may take place during the court session (absent medical need)
- Keep your microphone muted until called. Identify yourself before speaking.
- Remain in one location. Participants may not appear from a moving vehicle
- There shall be no audio or video recording without prior written approval as required by Directive #11-20. Any individual seeking to record must make a request to the court in advance, by submitting a Request for Permission to Photograph, Electronically Record or Broadcast a Court Proceeding form. This can be found here.
In-Person Court Room Standards
- No weapons are permitted in the courtroom or the municipal building
- Food, drink, or gum chewing is not permitted in the courtroom
- Smoking is prohibited in all government buildings
- Cell phones must be shut off
- The Municipal Court provides facilities for the handicapped and hearing impaired.
Notice of Address Change
All parties to a particular case must notify the court of any change, correction, or addition to your present address. If your address of record is not correct or complete, you may not receive notification of your court date. Please make sure that all address changes are made with both the court and Motor Vehicle Commission. Send address changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health Resources
The Judiciary is committed to providing an open door to justice for all court users. For those who may be dealing with mental health concerns, links to resources that may be useful can be found at Mental Health Resources (njcourts.gov).
Mission Statement of the New Jersey Judiciary
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
Filed and heard at the Municipal Court of Secaucus are all traffic violations, town ordinance and disorderly persons offenses that occur within the town. State Police, Hudson County Sherriff’s Office, Marine Police, Office of Weights and Measures, Transit Police, Conrail Police, and The Department of Fish and Game are also issuing agencies. Serious offenses (indictable) are filed with the town and then transferred to the Hudson Country Prosecutor’s Office.